1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

OK google everywhere

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bobtheg2015, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Bobtheg2015

Bobtheg2015 Lurker

How do I enable OK google everywhere on my moto g 2015. I think Motorola disabled it on purpose. My language is English u.s. and I just can't see the options.
    Screenshot of my options:
    http://i.stack.imgur.com/kYETX.png

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Are you in Settings->Google->Search&Now->Voice->"OK Google" detection ?

Because mine looks WAY different than that... On XT1540 US with Marshmallow OTA.

[​IMG]

3. Bobtheg2015

Bobtheg2015 Lurker

I have the8/1gb model (only one sold in canada) xt1540. And yes that's the settings I went through to get there. Please help if you know the fix!
    I also have android 6.0

4. acejavelin

I don't know, but even Google's discussion forums agree it should work (it isn't something Motorola could just turn off even if they wanted too, easily at least)... I have the 2GB RAM version, it seems to work in every 2GB version, but lots of users have reported issues with the 1GB Moto G and other 1GB RAM phones (not just Moto's)...

Have you gone to https://www.google.com/settings/accounthistory/audio and made sure to turn on voice searches and commands?

5. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I have a different phone but I have the same screen as the OP. I have a rooted LG G Stylo (Metropcs) running 5.1.1. Katana ROM

6. Bobtheg2015

Bobtheg2015 Lurker

I haven't rooted my phone. And I checked multiple times that its turned on.

7. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I'm not sure why our screen doesn't have the other options. I've had it in my previous phone. Are you using the stock launcher? I'm using Nova and I don't think that affects it.

8. acejavelin

I am stock as well, just have the 2GB version... Sorry, but I don't know why it doesn't work or the fix. I would suggest opening a thread in the official Google Product Support and looking here: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/6031948

9. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Try updating the Goggle app.. It worked for me when changing from one OS to the other

10. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I've updated, uninstalled then reinstalled fresh. Force stopped, rebooted phone. Cleared cache and data. Cleared my cache partition, nothing.

11. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Oh wow.. Do you have a custom recovery & can you flash Gapps packages?

12. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Yes, I have TWRP. Not sure if I can flash GAPPS packages. Never tried on a stock based ROM

13. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

It's certainly worth a try but remember to make a backup first. Get the appropriate Gapps for your OS on ur SD then reboot into recovery and wipe both caches. Next you install the Gapps.zip and reboot system

14. Blair1966

Blair1966 Lurker

Have you had any luck with this? I am having the exact same problem and went through the exact same procedures as you with Motorola tech support. Now I've done a factory reset and have to set everything up again, even though it didn't solve the problem. I went back to where I bought the phone and the girl happened to have a 3rd Gen and a 1st Gen and pulled up the OK Google settings and she noticed the same thing. She hadn't noticed it before.

15. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

No luck. My phone still does not have the complete settings

16. flubberdubb

flubberdubb Lurker

This happened to the galaxy s6 awhile back. Google or Samsung removed the features but then they were readded maybe similar case here

Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews