• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ok got my tablet working but....

andyman54

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
Hey all its me ubernooib to android lol
Except this is more of a circuit board prolbem when i opened up my chinese tablet and unplugged battery i got the droid working finally and then the headphone jack broke off.... I will post a diagram of what it looks like but i was wondering if i were to resolder it back on will the headphone jack work again? It looks very simple to me and if i can find a good way to secure it which i have super glue on the bottom of it since it does not conduct and mess with the jack. Because the internal speakers dont seems to be working either
mail

Sorry for all these post lately
and
Thanks again for the help
ANdy

The headphone jack is likely wired to the internal speaker, you would likely need to either solder the jack back into the circut to complete it and allow the internal speaker to work again (as well as the jack itself) or find a way to bypass the jack altogether, complete the circut without using the jack and then just not having the jack in there and find a way to cap the hole left for the jack.

Upvote 0
The headphone jack is likely wired to the internal speaker, you would likely need to either solder the jack back into the circut to complete it and allow the internal speaker to work again (as well as the jack itself) or find a way to bypass the jack altogether, complete the circut without using the jack and then just not having the jack in there and find a way to cap the hole left for the jack.

Ok i see what your saying but how would one complete the circuit without the jack there?electical tape all over ? lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones