• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OK, how do we Overclock our Bionics like the Razr?

No one has done it yet. If in fact the RAZR is the same CPU it means that we know that that CPU in ours can clock to RAZR speeds. It's just that we dont have a way yet. Our bootloader is locked which means kernels are unable to be replaced. There are different ways of overclocking but we dont have that yet. Just be patient.

Reactions: DanDroide
Upvote 0
In the thread "Bionic vs RAZR vs Nexus", it was established that the Bionic COULD be overclocked to 1.2 (equal to the RAZR = same processor) BUT it would be difficult.

OK, we have brilliant people in this forum. Tell us how to do it please.

Just curious, do you really feel the need to overclock your Bionic at this point? I have yet to find an app that runs slow on this phone. Or are you just thinking about future-proofing?

Upvote 0
Just curious, do you really feel the need to overclock your Bionic at this point? I have yet to find an app that runs slow on this phone. Or are you just thinking about future-proofing?

You are right, I have not needed more speed. And yes, it is more future-proofing, being all I can be...the need for (unnecessary) speed LOL. If it can be done...why not? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones