1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

OK, I am in a huge pickle..nexus 7 broke, how do i...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bosox2k1, Aug 17, 2012.

1. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Android Enthusiast

My screen cracked and the touch is now broken, can't unlock screen or do anything touch related. I am sending it back to square trade but i want to erase all this stuff...I tried plugging it in my Macbook, but it says the screen has to be unlocked first....

need help!

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

If you're worried about it being refurbished they'll very likely wipe the entire device. When I sent my Flyer in to be fixed, it was completely wiped.

bosox2k1 likes this.
  3. DanielM426

DanielM426 Android Enthusiast

out of curiosity, what did you do to it?

4. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

There is usually a hard button way to reset a device. I have not heard of it yet, but maybe someone else has.

bosox2k1 likes this.
  5. pseudoware

pseudoware Member

At the very least, you'll want to change the password to your Google account and any other account you've synced on your device.

bosox2k1 likes this.
  6. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

There is a pin hole that was shown on a tear down video that corresponds to a reset. Search for it on YouTube.

bosox2k1 likes this.
  7. fct8306

fct8306 Newbie

Hope you get it fixed B)

bosox2k1 likes this.
  8. bosox2k1

To be honest, I am not sure. I think it was on my GF bed and one of us either put a knee or elbow on it by accident. Sucks.

9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

I thought we determined that was a mic, not a reset button?

10. nynvolt

Could be, there is one hat you can see the indent but it isn't drilled through, that may be the reset. I forget but it definitely has a reset, may need to remove the back to access it. Saw it on that video, just don't have the URL handy.

11. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Nexus 7 Teardown - iFixit

No mention of reset that I see.

There was speculation in another thread, but that was the side microphone. :D

12. bosox2k1

I searched it and can't find any link that states there's a pinhole hard reset. Thanks thought.

Been trying to get in touch with square trade the past two days, but have been put on hold. Maybe I will try to use ADB and return it to stock to wipe everything....that seem plausible?

13. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I would think just formatting the sdcard and data via adb would be enough.

14. nynvolt