• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OK, I'm going to rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

amster

Mar 31, 2010
Can't get an avatar uploaded yet!
The worse scenario on this web site is where post counts whores like to clock up tip scores. Sometimes it's in ones decorum to simply talk and discuss issues, and not hunt for scores, ffs. One needs to discuss open topics both basic and advanced.

I'm done with this web site, as a result of the stupidity of scoring system.

It's good to simply banter sometimes.

I've been around far too long to realise sites with score feedback systems don't work and inevitably fail, discouraging those who know tips and tricks to leave in a smug fashion. Ta Ta

You'll soon do the same!

If you're talking about post count - I hate post counts too. But you know, it's just sorta a standard to display how many posts you've made. It's not a representative of your worth - and I hate when people view it as such. It does help gauge how long someone's been around and how active they are, (kinda) though.

Is that the "scoring system" you're talking about?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones