• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OK, is NFL Mobile Free or NOT during the season?

labeledbass

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
I've searched and can't find the answer. I've read the disclaimer, when the new app is installed and I understand you will need unlimited data to run the app but it almost states there are 2 claims, one requiring V cast. I've read the markets comments, all of them - some say "Booo $10/month" and some say "I don't know why people are saying $10, I haven't been charged" - I also have seen that ANY charges won't be billed until the season starts, so is this why some of these people think they aren't getting charged because the biling cycle hasn't started???

My girlfriend has updated on her storm, I'm hesistant to press "agree" -

Can anyone clear this up?! please, really into this app and if I can get around paying for the Redzone this way it would be great! I'm going to VW store today to pay my bill so I also may ask them, if they know being kinda a third party/V cast question. I will post results post.

Thanks so much in advance and GO VIKINGS w or w/o Favre :D

If you download it after that date it's $10/month starting September 1st.

Well I've had the app for a while, well I guess it was on my storm so that doesn't count. I've looked in "manage apps" and it doesn't say when it was installed, I installed the old one, then there was the update - I haven't hit agree yet so does that mean I its "downloaded" or not? Kinda a grey area - I'm going to VW store, will see if they can shed some light. If not I'll CS tomorrow and see. Would love to stream black out games, like red zone but I'm running on a budget right now and need to be careful with unexspected charges.

Thanks a lot! if anyone else could figure this out let me know, and to the above poster, that question answered would be great. That would let me know a little more about the timeline. I got the phone on the 15 but I can't remember when I "remembered" about NFL mobile.

~ E

Upvote 0
well i have to say im really liking where the app is now versus where it was when verizon first got it and is it $10 a month or $10 for the app ? if its for just the app its definetly worth it just like the mlb app is well worth the 14.99 cause then i can listen to radio broadcasts of my texas rangers since i never get to watch or listen to them in nc. GO DALLAS COWBOYS ( making history playing super bowl in our home stadium dont hate very wishful thing lol )

Upvote 0
This is from the legal disclaimer from the website, I highlighted the applicable portions in red;

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message and data rates apply. Subject to Customer Agreement and Calling Plan. NFL Mobile includes news, scores, statistics and streaming audio with your data feature or plan. Video content included with your data plan or feature through 8/31. Starting 9/1, a VCAST Video on Demand subscription is required to view video content. Available on select 3G Smartphones. Coverage not available everywhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones