1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Ok just rooted (with s-off) g/fs hero and latest stock ROM. Kernels?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by archercc, Oct 9, 2010.

1. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Just did unrevoked forever and updated to the deodexed/rooted/etc 2.31.651.7 build.

Not planning anything crazy here as she prefers the stock look but the performance was poor. After killing all of the bloatware I figured a kernel was the best way to get some performance sans going CM6 (hey, it made a difference on my Evo) and I was hoping for some recommendations.

She wont be using any advanced features. Im just wondering if there is a stable kernel that might improve performance over the HTC Kernel without breaking any primary features.

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    If you look on nfinite's threads, he gives you the kernels that would work best with his roms

3. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    SF
    make sure the auto-rotate is left enabled through settings>display. cm6 still has that bug where if you disable the auto-rotate, the phone will gradually bog down and lag your phone.

4. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    I ended up going with the deodexed version of the most recent stock rom. She much prefers sense so I stuck with it instead of CM. I installed one of the unlocked kernels for sense roms and we will see how it goes using setcpu to under/overclock it.

5. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Honolulu
    If you Used NFX - No real reason to use a non native kernal - InFinite really built that thing to be maxed out at 691 - thats a lot faster than stock.... And Battery life is EXCELLENT.

Tags: