• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ok....just wondering if i am alone

After changing my home from Sense to PandaHome to OpenHome, I am now 100% satisfied with my phone and don't foresee changing anytime soon (even after my upgrade date). I like the fact that my phone is, relatively, small; attractive; pretty slick; and personalized to my tastes. (It took me a long time to get it that way, trial and error every app and every screen.)

I went through all the home apps and finally settled on stock android. finally got my apps and screens the way i want em. no need to upgrade to a bulkier phone with the SAME OS. Like if you only use your computer for internet and email with winxp, why go to a new computer with winxp?

Upvote 0
first.... please no negative things here please lets just have a normal conversation. now that has been said, just wondering if the new phones coming out, are any sparking your interest to pull you away from your eris ?? now im rooted so i have explored all things and well i just feel like im missing something like there could be more and one phone has sparked my interest because i DO like alot of things about the eris ( touch screen, look, feel among others ) but there is definitely room for improvement. so with out further ado ill link a video of the droid x i found and to be honest i think this will be my next phone.

YouTube - Engadget Verizon Motorola Droid X

watch the video i really really like the screen

I’m happy with my phone! Size wise, the ERIS is perfect! The HTC Evo, HTC Incredible, Droid X or any of the newer phones are just way too big and bulky to carry around. Too noticeable, especially if you’re out at night at some bar or restaurant. Can you imagine sticking those phones in your pocket!? HAHA I can imagine the LCD breaking when sitting (some people wear tight pants...not me). I never would want to carry my phone around in my hand or some cheesy looking carrying case that attaches to my pants. :D

So far, the ERIS has satisfied my every need and can pretty much do everything I want it to...after a lot of work. Other than each manufacturer (ex. Motorola, HTC) adding in their own unique apps/widgets, the OS is the same.

I get what you’re saying though…here is my dream ERIS (keeping the size exactly the same).

*****HARDWARE*****
1. Front facing camera (video conferencing..I know it's a novelty)
2. Dual flash for back facing camera
3. Slightly better lens for camera (big difference for picture quality)
4. Ability to take HD quality photos and videos (okay I know I’m stretching it!)
5. PROCESSOR: Snapdragon @ 1GHz
6. MEMORY: 1GB ROM and 1GB RAM
7. FM tuner
8. TV out: HDMI port
9. Better battery life, OEM is 1300 mah, like to be able to squeeze in a 3500 mah battery
10. Slight improvements on everything else.

*****SOFTWARE*****
1. Better Games
2. Swype being FREE
3. Turn my phone into a wifi access point for FREE without having to root it
4. Better video player, Quicktime player too
5..…basically better apps.

*****OS*****
Ability to install apps onto the microSD card

*****ACCESSORIES*****
1. Dock/cradle that will allow the phone to sit either up right or horizontal position regardless of what case is on the phone…plus have a slot to charge a secondary battery.
2. Alarm clock radio (just like the ones for iPhone) horizontal/vertical position
3. Bose (or any brand) speakers/dock (just like the ones for iPhone) horizontal/vertical position
4. Some of cooling device...if the ERIS could do all this I'm pretty sure it will eventually run hot during heavy usage.

*****3rd party*****
HD Slingbox to work with Android phones

:eek:

Upvote 0
i hate to say it cause i now finally have my eris set up like i want, but i think that when my upgrade date comes, i may have to switch to that new samsung captivate, if they have it for verizion. its small like the eris , which i like, but it has the power of the incredible, if i read it right. i like it cause it is eris like. sad, i know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones