• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ok.....now what?

Try the Bumblebee ROM. It's really fast and stable up to 787(any ROM will start to get unstable in the 800 range). Anything over that CPU speed you will just have to see(some "V's" can go higher,others can't). When you get to a speed that causes you phone to reboot, then go down two settings. This is the highest you can safely Overclock.

Also remember to never set the min. CPU speed above 480MHz as this is where the phone will idle. If the min is set above 480 then the battery will get hotter and drain quicker. Example: My custom ROM works best at 787MHz max-480MHz min
You will just have to experiment with the max-min speeds and the governor(mine is set to interactive but others like on-demand)

The Bumblebee ROM should be preset to 787 or 768,I can't remember which as it's been a while since I've had mine installed on the phone.

Upvote 0
I tried BobZhome's ROM and it was pretty speedy. But I've been with JerryScript from the beginning so I'm just sticking with the BACKSide ROM. You can go here and here to see the differences with the ROM's and download them. Backup and try each of them for a few days to see which one you like. That's the fun part!!

PS: Don't use Rom Manager to flash the ROM though. Put the ROM at the root of your sd card and flash it from recovery. Don't forget to flash gapps!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones