1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ok so im thinking about upgrading?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joshuah22a, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Android Enthusiast

im still on ZVB and on ICK 1.3 yea i know pretty old rom..but i've actually liked it since i've gotten on it..it ran pretty well but i've come to notice that when i have like 2 heavy RAM usage apps like facebook and metroweb both open it seems to move pretty sluggish..i don't know if it's like that with all the roms but it still reboots atleast twice a day which is still a lil annoying...

im hearing all good stuff with ZVC and how the battery last that much more..i already have a extended battery from verizon..lasts me 8 hrs or so but im like CONSTANTLY on my phone...would i expect much improved battery life on ZVC?

what im thinking about upgrading to is ZVC and running the latest #2 rom as i heard good things about it..with Fuzzy's ICS 4.0 as i love ICS and just want to keep it as "simple" as possible without putting TOO much stuff on it...I'm hoping to hear peoples feedback then if anything..i know how to flash roms..but have no idea oan how to update to ZVC.. so any help is appreciated!

ps.i meant zvd correct thats the latest..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Carlos1986

Carlos1986 Android Enthusiast

All things root guide, you will find all you need there.

Fuzzy13 likes this.
  3. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

u mean ZVD lol heres wat ull need
    http://androidforums.com/lg-esteem/521819-guide-update-zvd.html
    http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/530145-rom-number-two-2-v2-2-zvd.html
    http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/460450-lg-esteem-all-things-root-guide.html

4. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

5. Joshuah22a

Ok sweet..but is.this the best combination right now as reliability?

6. Arsis

Arsis Newbie

i dont think you can go wrong with rom#2 2.2 then if you like the look of ics fuzzy and ldrifta both have ics themes both of them are great.

Fuzzy13 likes this.
  7. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

This.

#2 is hands down the best Rom for the phone and will be until cm9.

Then you can choose from 40 or so themes.

8. Joshuah22a

just a run down guys..i do the

ZVD update first then flash the rom then put the theme on??

also why do i hear some people writing about ZVB and wanting to go back?

9. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

You do the ZVD update then you root. Install CWM(Through ROM manager) then download and install #2(and ics theme). :D

Oh well the last thread about someone wanting to go to ZVB was because of the better(and I use it loosely) battery life. PG said that in the ZVD update LG incorporated 90%ish of kaniadas homeless kernel settings so I doubt ZVB beats ZVD in battery life :3

10. KrazeeCracker

KrazeeCracker Android Enthusiast

I have number 2 but my phone says it's version zvc lol do I need to update reroot and re flash?

11. Mexjoker

Well I had #2 while I was on ZVC but I upgraded to ZVD when I had the chance cause I didn't want to risk anything lol. Up to you though

12. KrazeeCracker

KrazeeCracker Android Enthusiast

Lol would it make a difference? If it's just cosmetic then I'm non worried about it

13. Mexjoker

I felt a change in battery life and my rebooted stopped.

KrazeeCracker likes this.
  14. Joshuah22a

ok guys so im going to take the plunge and update my phone...i wanted you guys opinion as im still on the same version as stated in my OP but do i upgrade the baseband version first? im on zvb i still get restarts probably like twice daily...upgrading to ZVD will it STOP the restarts? also do i update the baseband then upgrade the room? which should go first? ALSO one more question is all my apps and texts will they erase because i saw Fuzzy mention not to wipe data...so will it still keep everything??hope to hear soon..

15. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

August 8th( I had to look) :rofl:
    Sorry for the delay-laptop battery was dying :(
    For sure-it has for the majority.
    Nope
    Your apps will still be intact after you upgrade-however you will need to root again
    Link to follow step by step-http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/512317-guide-x2-update-zvd-root-zvd.html?highlight=upgrade%2Froot
    Will be up for a bit-let me know if you need help :ahhhhh:

16. Joshuah22a

haha my man..let me get to that..

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews