1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Ok, this is ridiculous!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kupochan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. kupochan

kupochan New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Okay before my Captivate use to turn off by itself maybe once or twice a week and only happened after a full charge (so obviously it happened in the mornings from a night of charging). I learned by some users that if you use it enough until it's at least at 98% power, it'll stop doing it, and it's worked for me.......until now.

Now, for the last 3 days, it's shut off 2-3 times each morning and it's annoying the crap out of me! It's been doing this since the update we got almost a week ago! What sucks is my 30 day exchange is up so I won't be able to trade it in for another Captivate (hell no I ain't going to another phone, I still love it..).

Has anyone else started getting frequent shut downs since the update? I really haven't downloaded apps this past week so I don't know what it could be. My phone is rooted btw. Has anyone found a FIX for the random shut downs, or what could be causing it?

I'm going to have to email Samsung and see if there's going to be a fix for that with Froyo update or something...

Advertisement

2. lordhamster

lordhamster Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Take it to the store. You cant return it or exchange for a different model, but they should be able to do warranty exchange.

3. Welcome to the Android Forums, kupochan.

Thread moved to the Support section for you.

4. skywkrvnv

skywkrvnv New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    This is a common problem. Look for the "phone randomly shutting down" thread on this forum.

Samsung had a defective production run. The ONLY solution is to exchange the phone for a new one.