• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ok, this is ridiculous!!

kupochan

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
Okay before my Captivate use to turn off by itself maybe once or twice a week and only happened after a full charge (so obviously it happened in the mornings from a night of charging). I learned by some users that if you use it enough until it's at least at 98% power, it'll stop doing it, and it's worked for me.......until now.

Now, for the last 3 days, it's shut off 2-3 times each morning and it's annoying the crap out of me! It's been doing this since the update we got almost a week ago! What sucks is my 30 day exchange is up so I won't be able to trade it in for another Captivate (hell no I ain't going to another phone, I still love it..).

Has anyone else started getting frequent shut downs since the update? I really haven't downloaded apps this past week so I don't know what it could be. My phone is rooted btw. Has anyone found a FIX for the random shut downs, or what could be causing it?

I'm going to have to email Samsung and see if there's going to be a fix for that with Froyo update or something...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones