1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root OK to Root/ROM prior to Activation?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Prey521, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Prey521

Prey521 Android Enthusiast

Hey all,

I just received my N4 and I'm anxious to get it rooted and ROM'd. The # porting process is still working itself out so I currently don't have any service on the phone other than Wifi. Would I be able activate the phone after it's been rooted/rom or do I have to wait for that to finish first before I can start tinkering around? I know that when I had the Moto Triumph on Virgin Mobile I had be running a stock ROM if I wanted to activate it.

Thanks

Hmmmm not sure how this ended up in the General Forum.....would a Mod be kind enough to move it over to the Root/ROM Forum?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Moved, thanks! :)

I rooted mine without a SIM, but we might do things differently over here.

What network are you using it on? I'm sure I've heard T Mobile people rooting whilst waiting for activation, not sure if there are any others.

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

I have T-Mobile and my device was unlocked, rooted, and rommed before I even popped in my sim card. Shouldn't be any issue if that's the route that you want to take.

4. Prey521

Hey guys, thanks, yes, T-Mobile's $30 prepaid plan. Let me start ROM'n it now then!

5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

I'm on that plan too and I love it :D

6. Prey521

The activation went fine after the ROM. Using the Cataclysm ROM and it is niiiiiiice! I flashed the Hybrid 33/84 radio and am able to connect to TMo's LTE and the speeds are awesome! Tested the GrooveIP voip app and had no problems with call quality over the network, so the 100 minute plan will suit me just fine.

Thanks again for the help.

Tags: