1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ok with the Gnex

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RRMan03, Jan 7, 2012.

1. RRMan03

RRMan03 Member
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Male
    Music Concerts
    One a plane going somewhere
    I have read all the know problems with the Gnex. I have had mine since day one.The only things I find are speaker phone is weak and call volume is down compared to other phones. As for all the other issues I am reading if you work with your phone unless it is a true hardware issue you can solve it. I am someone who does not run to the store if it has a problem I try to look for info to fix it. I have found in this very forum and others ways to fix some of the minor issues. The call volume I fixed with volume +. The speaker phone I can not find a solution for. As for everybody's battery issues. This is a very high powered phone doing a lot at once and the battery is not powerful enough to last forever. I am a heavy user and I am getting about 8 hours on one battery. I have 3 batteries. I do not complain about battery life the battery technology has not caught up with these high powered smart phones yet so just buy an extra battery and all is good.The camera though not the best camera in the world is yes in a phone. It is not a camera it is a phone after all with a camera. A software update can and will improve the camera but it will never be a Canon Pro Shot.All in all this being completely new twchnology and software things have been pretty smooth for me. I now have 2 of these phones. Exactly alike. Like I said I am a heavy user and have to have a phone that is working. Part of the job. It does seem the signal strength/radio is down a little compared to some of the older phones but again.Software and you got he problem fixed. I am looking forward to 4.1 to come out. It addresses most of the know large issues. If you can not or do not want to wait for this things to be fixed Jan is your date to make a decision. Question is where do you go. If you go anywhere you go backwards. If you go to I4S you change to a completely different enviroment. If I had to go to another phone it would probably be the Rezound and you are going backwards in software and you will wait for updates as the Gnex will get every 4.XXX update first as it is the developers test subject. Well I have had my say on the subject. Pick the phone that is right for you and remeber one thing. It is just a phone.

Advertisement

BlueBiker likes this.
  2. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Glad that you're happy with your new phone RRMan03, and I hope your faith in software fixes will be vindicated.

3. RRMan03

RRMan03 Member
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Male
    Music Concerts
    Well we shall see I guess in the future. There is a lot they can do with the software to tweek the hardware but the hardware is what it is. Not much can be done to it. I know a little about software and what you can and cannot do so I am hopeful that their software engineers get it right. Patches are easy. Real software changes are a litle tougher.

4. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Who knows, if Samsung or Google can't fix something maybe the CyanogenMod guys will. Nice to have lots of options, eh? ;)

5. RRMan03

RRMan03 Member
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Male
    Music Concerts
    That is a huge advantage. I think 4.XXX has potential if the right people get ahold of it. The Gnex has the capability if the software is there and ready to run it. Android has it good and bad but a lot more good and a lot of room to grow. Where RIM has killed itself and well Apple is Apple. With Apple you are locked in eveerywhere you turn. With Android there is a lot of freedom for developers to really improve it and make some really ggod and useful apps. Thing about these mobile devices and RIM is a good example the future is NOW.

Tags: