• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Okay I can't take it...

I have way too many apps to mention, but a few I cannot live without:

RingDroid
Rings Extended
Google Voice
Touiteur
NPR News
KeePassDroid
PaperDroid
BarCode Scanner
aTrackDog (primarily to make an easy list of apps)
Astro File Manager
Body Fitness
City caller ID (before it disappeared - but I have it DL'd so...)
HandyCards
Metamorph
My Verizon
My Trainlog
Packrat
SportsTap
Toggle Settings

Upvote 0
thanks a bunch guys :)

i don't think i'm going to root just yet because idk what im doing and the directions may be simple but i tend to make the simplistic things harddddd soooo...

yeah i might have to deal with GDE home or something another but i am open to hear more about what you guys have to say if there any other suggestions!

While im here....what are you guys favorite apps?

i dont root either, i figure that a phone was made a certain way for a reason so i just keep it how it is and i dont like to alter stuff if i dont have to, i just want a good phone. ;\ i like the phone how it is. i didn't think i'd ever get the droid because i hated how it looked compared to my eris (when i had it), but now im used to it and i love it. i think it just grows on you. my contract expires in september this year (i strictly only do 1-year contracts now with verizon after some issues i've had previously) so i'll be getting whatever next (nexus?).

~jen~

Upvote 0
I have way too many apps to mention, but a few I cannot live without:

RingDroid
Rings Extended
Google Voice
Touiteur
NPR News
KeePassDroid
PaperDroid
BarCode Scanner
aTrackDog (primarily to make an easy list of apps)
Astro File Manager
Body Fitness
City caller ID (before it disappeared - but I have it DL'd so...)
HandyCards
Metamorph
My Verizon
My Trainlog
Packrat
SportsTap
Toggle Settings

See, if you had used Listables! those would be clickable links (with optional QRCodes) :p

Upvote 0
I've really tried and tried to tolerate the lag of my eris but with this 2.0 is coming this week or next week or next quarter and the lagging keyboard and launch of apps

I'm officially coming back to join you guys :)

I have been switching(literally every other day) from the droid to the eris to droid and back to the eris

and I am willing to compromise looks for this ugly phone(until the Nexus one and//or Incredible comes) so the eris will be going into the sock drawer with the rest of the lame phones(i.e my env2 and such)

My question is what is the best home replacement because i am going to miss the 7 screens??

Some of them i heard are awfully laggy

I thought we were having fun over in eris land. DON'T LEAVE US! picking my droid up :eek::eek::eek:tomorrow. You won't tell will you?

Upvote 0
It's funny how quickly people race to answer the same question over and over when the OP is a chick.. anyone else they tell to use search and quit asking the same thing over and over.. lol

Eh, I somewhat disagree. I think the people here are very helpful. HOWEVER, if the OP wasn't a chick with a picture in her avatar, this thread would not have nearly as many replies from such a variety of different posters. But, that's understandable and expected since this forum is composed primarily of dudes.

Upvote 0
... but i tend to make the simplistic things harddddd soooo...

bustedtees.a5a1b56573e5be0ce8284677bac026d1.gif

Upvote 0
Now that my Droid found out it's ugly :thinking: I'll have to google earth a while to restore its self esteem!
If you can read the directions off the side of a box of mac-n-cheese you can root

ROFLMAO...there are directions on the box?

Sounds like there are a bunch of volunteers to root your Droid AND Eris Carmen.

For homes? I've got GDE as well. I love the Cube transition, but I'm a Linux Geek that made the M$ boys cry with Compiz.

Apps I can't live without? All of them! ;)

Rooted, over-clocked and loving it.

Upvote 0
Eh, I somewhat disagree. I think the people here are very helpful. HOWEVER, if the OP wasn't a chick with a picture in her avatar, this thread would not have nearly as many replies from such a variety of different posters. But, that's understandable and expected since this forum is composed primarily of dudes.

lol oh wow :)
well i've noticed you guys are a lot smarter than me when it comes to this stuff haha so i'm glad i have some smart fellas to help a chica out but yes I think I am staying with my droid family...at least until the htc incredible/n1 comes or htc droid eris gets 2.1 and speeds it up(not likely)

so i'm sure you will see a lot of posts from me because i have a lot of questions haha

Upvote 0
Since it's just going to sit in your sock drawer, lemme get that eris from you for the price of.....on the house ;)

sure why not :) It's either that or join my Samsung omnia, both blackberry storms, the env touch, env 2 and alias 2 in there haha...
I thought we were having fun over in eris land. DON'T LEAVE US! picking my droid up :eek::eek::eek:tomorrow. You won't tell will you?
I'm Horrible at keeping secrets :) HAHA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones