• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OKAY I looked through several threads...

Jshizzy

Feb 15, 2010
so don't crucify me yet... I downloaded the update, phone was off, tried both a) end button and send button, and b) volume down and end button, and all I get is a screen that has this:

PB00100
HBOOT-......(NUMBERS)
MICROP-(NUMBERS)
TOUCH PANEL-MEL
RADIO-(NUMBERS)
OCT 5, 2009

HBOOT (in a blue box) >>>>"no image or wrong image" flashes down as I select this

<SEND> Fastboot Mode
<VOL UP> Recovery

This is it. It does nothing. I have used 3 diffrent .zip's, some from here and some from thekrtek.com. Followed directions. Nothing.

OCT 5, 2009

HBOOT (in a blue box) >>>>"no image or wrong image" flashes down as I select this

<SEND> Fastboot Mode
<VOL UP> Recovery

This is it. It does nothing. I have used 3 diffrent .zip's, some from here and some from thekrtek.com. Followed directions. Nothing.

I think that is where I had to hit the Vol Down for HBOOT... or I hit the Trackball to select it.... I forget which.... sorry.

You'll notice the Oct 2009 date... once it works, it'll restart and give you pretty much the same page, but you'll notice that date changes to Feb 2010.

That's what told me it was doing something... I just let it do it's thing.

Upvote 0
make sure that the zip file is pb00img.zip because that was my problem for a while. i downloaded the zip file from a few different places and the one i put on my phone was pb00img(2).zip and it didnt occur to me until about an hour after i started that maybe it has to be the right name. hope it works but in all likelihood you have a different problem ... :eek:

Upvote 0
when i hold Vol-Up and End, it turns on with the white screen and three android guys, then goes to a black screen with a picture of a triangle caution sign and the a phone laying next to it......then i can't do anything. i tried every button, holding, multiple presses....what am i doing wrong - i'm trying to get to recovery mode.

I think you need Vol-Down and End instead of Vol-Up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones