• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Okay... I rooted by Droid X - now what

So.. I used an easy PC application to root my Droid X - and now what? I am not sure what to do next. I obviously want to remove Blockbuster, Madden NFL and some other stuff, but even though I grew up in the days of PC DOS, I don't understand how to get to a command line on this phone and what other things I can and should do to make this phone better.

The only dumb question is the one never asked, right?

now that you're rooted, you can get rid of all the bloat thats pre-installed. the best way to do that is to go and buy Titanium Backup from the market. Freeze the apps you don't want. You can also make backups of all your apps, that way you don't lose any of your data from your games or whatever.

If you need a command line, go to the market and download "terminal emulator".

Now the next step is to download ROMs and find out which one you like the best, and the only way to do that is to flash them all until you find what suits you and your phone the best. Me, personally, I love MIUI and the extensive customization you can do. Before MIUI came out, I really liked ZombieStomped. All of these ROMs can be found in the stickies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones