• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Okay, is this phone just fundamentally flawed? It screwed me again today!

Zarafia

Jan 30, 2013
Archer, FL
Out of a $200 physical therapy appt. My phone said it was 2:35 when it was 3:00. And I had no reason to doubt it till I showed up too late for my appt! Then I went right to the Verizon store where they placatingly reset it for me. WTF? Can I really never trust this phone?
Verizon store said that my Lookout app (a security app!) may well be to blame! That it causes "lots of problems". Really??!!!
I am very upset and I don't know what to think.

FYI don't go into the verizon store. They cant do anything. Their answer to any problem is factory reset or battery pull. We cud seriously replace their tech employees with Google.

Try different clock apps off the market, ive had the same problem and its been reported in other threads. Ive been behind and hour before, for the whole day. Luckily it was sunday though.

Reactions: Zarafia
Upvote 0
Although I am not familiar with your device, this intrigues me.
Is there a setting on the phone, perhaps in the Time&Date settings, that will allow you to manually enter the time instead of Network provided values? Or vice-versa?

Sorry, I wrongly stated that my phone said it was 2:35 when it was 2:00. No, it was 3:00. My bad, and I've corrected my first post to reflect as such.
I've never tried to enter a time. Besides the lock-screen which always spells the time out, I have two time-telling widgets, one with a basic digatal clock and one that shows time in England as well as the time here.
I certainly wont be trusting any of them soon!
One of the few things my paid "Andy" app can do is (supposedly) tell me what time it is in Leeds. I don't know if I can even trust that anymore.
I'm really rather disgusted at the moment!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones