1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Old 910 found. Charging question.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tokenpoke, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

Found my old indulge... I don't remember if it's dead or not so I'm wondering if it takes a minute to charge enough to power up the charging screen. It hasn't been turned on in a year and was left with the battery installed for some reason.

I never modded it so I know it's not bricked.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Yes, it will take some time for it to come back to life if at all. The phone battery will trickle charge until is reaches a same enough charge level to power the phone. Often ~5%. Now, completly discharging the battery can damage it, so there is a chance yours is completely dead. I'd let it sit for a couple hours to overnight, while periodically checking the phone for excess heat that may indicate a damaged battery and / or a safety hazard.

3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

I noticed the water sticker had gone pink. Got new battery. Still nothing. I disassembled it and saw no obvious water damage so I put it back together and its charging.... though, I doubt that's the issue.

If I can find a parts phone I'd like to just rebuild it.

I'm weird, I have a collection of old metro phones I'm slowly building and refurbishing to working condition. This poor guy was lost and found again. Being the first 4g phone metro had gives it a little charm in my eyes and the two months I spent saving for it doesn't hurt.

I'm pretty sure there's damage somewhere I missed so I'll get back to it when I finish this other rebuild and find a parts phone.

I just finished doing a r560m today, so I'm burnt for the night.

4. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

Update!

This morning I plugged it back in again and got a dim samsung splash screen.
    The motherboard appears undamaged so i'm thinking the digitizer is shot.

But I've got other phones to repair while I look for a parts phone.
    [​IMG]

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Good luck getting the frankenphone back to life.:thumb:

6. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

Lol. The top two are also repairs. Both working perfectly.
    This ain't my first rodeo

7. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Ha, just revived my old indulge too. I unrooted it and reinstalled stock ROM. Looks just like it did the day I bought it. I have a much better phone these days but I can't help tinkering with the old indulge!

8. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Android Enthusiast

Looks like my desk

Tokenpoke likes this.
  9. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

Lol. I work on my couch sometimes closer to the door for smoke breaks and fridge holds monkey juice.

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews