1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Old Acer - no phone app

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jo mac, Feb 26, 2022.

1. jo mac

jo mac Lurker

Hi, I have an old acer phone given to me. I am unable to make or receive calls online (not my cell phone or provider, it's fine for that). Server issues, etc. I have done some of the things asked, airplane mode turn on off. SIM card deactive - reactivate. I was looking for the phone app on the phone itself and I don't see it. Don't know where I can get it. Does anyone know about this and what I should do.
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what exact model phone do you have? you can try a factory reset.

3. jo mac

jo mac Lurker

Hi - thanks for replying. It's old - I'll put on the post but I will try what you said first. Thanks

4. jo mac

jo mac Lurker

It's an Acer liquid Z320. I hardly use it for anything. I just want to use it when I go and pick up a grocery but it tells me no server. I have a Fido pay as you go but I'm too cheap to load up for just one call every two or three weeks. I have Talkatone and it works great on my laptop but not on the android. I'm prett good with computers but useless with phone, not interested in them. :D

5. jo mac

jo mac Lurker

6. jo mac

jo mac Lurker

Hi, I have done a reset and am back in. Checked the Acer apps and no phone - just one on the front page for use with my cell.

7. ocnbrze

so the one in the front page is your phone app. not sure what else you are looking for.

8. jo mac

jo mac Lurker

I installed Talkatone on my android and called my home landline. Nothing - doesn't ring through. When I'm out and call it says something about server unavailable. Works fine with my cell phone provider. Anyway, if you know of a quick solution I'll try but it's probably not worth my while spending a lot of time on it. :D

9. ocnbrze

this phone only has 3G which has most likely been turned off by your provider......which explains why it could not find a server.

mikedt likes this.
  10. jo mac

jo mac Lurker

Is that another way of saying my goose is cooked.. :D No worries, I guess on the extra cold days, I'll have to blow the cobwebs off my wallet and spend the moola on the pay as you go. I do appreciate the help. Much rather be working on my hobbies than chatting and texting on a phone. Thanks for the help.

ocnbrze likes this.