1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Old Beautiful Widgets Animations on GNexus

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by snapcase, Jan 9, 2012.

1. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Way back when Beautiful Widgets was getting pulled from the market thanks to HTC, I got it about two minutes before the big red button was pushed. I've been running it on my Original Droid since then. Still works there too. It's never been updated as per instructions from the dev of the app (lest you lose the old look).

Well I finally upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus, and transferred the app over (rather than downloading again from the market, to preserve the old look). The widget looks fine, and works well. I even get the weather animations in the widget proper. However, when I click the weather icon to open the popup, there's no animation in the main portion of that window. The 3 day forecast below it has icons, but only the text above. Anyone know how to fix this? It still works fine on my Droid, and I did backup and transfer the animations folder (\sdcard\data\beautifulwidgets) so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

One thing that's less surprising is that tapping the clock doesn't open the alarm clock on the Galaxy Nexus... I'm guessing it's not the same app name as it was on the older phones. Is there any way to fix that without updating the app?

Advertisement