• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Old email addresses keep appearing

CharlesLewis

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
Is there's a way to keep old email addresses from appearing in the list when composing a new email? They don't show up in contacts, but they do appear in the list to select when searching for a name. I have to check contacts to be sure I have the correct address

Is there's a way to keep old email addresses from appearing in the list when composing a new email? They don't show up in contacts, but they do appear in the list to select when searching for a name. I have to check contacts to be sure I have the correct address

Not sure what client you're using, but you can almost certainly fix that by deleting the cache of the app. Downside is it'll forget the rest of the suggestions as well, it won't hurt anything, but for the first few days you'll be going to your contacts list more often.

Upvote 0
Try logging in via web browser to whatever service you're using, Gmail, Outlook, whatever, and edit your contact list there, that would seem to be the culprit.

When I log in using a web browser, the old address doesn't show and if I try to compost a message, it doesn't show as an option. But when I compose using the app on my phone, i get the old and new addresses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones