• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Old man baffled !!!!!

Help. I recently put a 32 GB card into my Samsung Galaxy Ace and put my music on it via Easy Sync from my PC and it worked. All my songs came over and even album covers.
Today if I press the music icon I get songs - nowt, albums, nowt, playlist nowt, artists, nowt there's nothing there, BUT if I go to another app (Scandisk Memory) and click on Memory Card then Music, all my songs are there and will play but with no artwork.
What have I done gents. Please help. Thanks.

2 hours later and it's all returned. What's going on ?

There's a background service that re-indexes the SD card to check for changes. I though it was triggered on insert/removal requests, but now I see some jabber about it running periodically as well?

So if the SD card index was corrupt you'd get some odd errors, but after a re-index they would just magically go away.

Sound close enough?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones