• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Old Moto Voice app on Galaxy Nexus ?

justinc25

Lurker
Aug 26, 2013
On my old Droid 2, and My Droid Razr the voice dial app was made by Nuance and it worked amazing. I've yet to find this app for my Galaxy Nexus, or anything even close to the functionality with my bluetooth headset.
How can I get this app on my Galaxy Nexus ? When I search for Nuance, I get the dragon app, but it is totally different, and doesn't work very well.
I need a good voice dial app that I can activate from my headset to dial, redial, and call back.
I'm currently using a Blueant Q2 Headset, and I also have a Jawbone Icon Headset.
Thanks in advance for your help guys.
Justin

If you still have either Motorola device, you could use ES File Explorer to backup the APK file, then transfer the APK to your Nexus and try installing it. You'll need to have "sideloading" enabled (the proper term for the menu choices escapes me right now) on the Nexus. You may also be able to extract the app from a custom ROM.

Also, doing this may not be legal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones