• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

old Palmy here.

tranzz

Nov 27, 2009
Seattle
Hi! I've never been on a tech forum website that presses you to introduce yourself, but it seems like a good idea!

Well, my 1st PC ran MS-DOS 1.3 and CP/M, and my 1st PDA was a DaVinci, which worked great,,,,, except for sync / backup, and I lost a couple (key) years of stuff. I went to Handspring because they were big, Palm was a big competitior, and I didn't want to get stranded ever again. .....oh well...... I've had a Treo 755p since it became available, and am now going to switch to the Droid, as soon as I can get one. They're a hot item around here, but I'm hoping I can get one in the next couple days.

I'm starting to export my contacts and calendar from my Palm to Google, and I hope this'll be the last time I ever have to deal with converting data, and undoubtedly loosing something in the process.

Palm abused it's faithful users and its place in the market, and I'm liking this whole android thing!!!!

YEAH BABY, LETS GO ANDROID!!!!

Hi! I've never been on a tech forum website that presses you to introduce yourself, but it seems like a good idea!

Well, my 1st PC ran MS-DOS 1.3 and CP/M, and my 1st PDA was a DaVinci, which worked great,,,,, except for sync / backup, and I lost a couple (key) years of stuff. I went to Handspring because they were big, Palm was a big competitior, and I didn't want to get stranded ever again. .....oh well...... I've had a Treo 755p since it became available, and am now going to switch to the Droid, as soon as I can get one. They're a hot item around here, but I'm hoping I can get one in the next couple days.

I'm starting to export my contacts and calendar from my Palm to Google, and I hope this'll be the last time I ever have to deal with converting data, and undoubtedly loosing something in the process.

Palm abused it's faithful users and its place in the market, and I'm liking this whole android thing!!!!

YEAH BABY, LETS GO ANDROID!!!!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones