• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Old SGS user, getting new phone.

AJP123

Jan 7, 2011
Hey fellow Android-ers, i'm an old Samsung Galaxy S user (Optus Australia), and I'm renewing my Optus contract.

Basically, i'm wondering what new phone to get with the contract. Given that i'm sticking with Optus (non-negotiable), what new Android phone should I get? My options, due to carrier restrictions, are (someone tell me if I've missed one) :
~Samsung Galaxy S2
~HTC Incredible S
~Sony Ericson Arc

Needless to say, I'm wary of the Galaxy S2, due to the well-publicised lag problems many people, including myself, have had with the Galaxy S. However, i'm well aware of how epic the specs of the Galaxy S2 are. Could any S2 users fill me in on how laggy, if at all, the S2 is?

Also, if a good phone is coming out very soon (available to Optus), and I should wait, let me know. I know about the Nexus Prime, but i'm not sure if it'll be available to Optus. Similarly, the HTC Sensation, whilst available to Telstra, is also coming out for Optus customers soon. But it's specs are average, so I've heard.

If any users of the above mentioned phones could give me their opinion on them, that would be much appreciated. As would general buying advice.

Thankyou,
God bless,
Andy.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones