1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Old sim card - is it to blame?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AngeTheHippy, May 27, 2011.

1. AngeTheHippy

AngeTheHippy Lurker

Hi Everyone,

Bought my ACE in April and love it. I'm using the sim I got 2 phones back, it's about 9 years old. I have noticed that odd little things happen - it turns off and on again for no reason (not often) screen doesn't respond (sometimes) and when I first got it I tried the SatNav - it works perfect. However, I tried it yesterday and it just would NOT log into the destination - just keeps saying 'waiting for location' and sticks at that!! Do you think it just might be I need a new sim please??

Thanks a lot,

Ange
    x

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gungy

gungy Newbie

it's a very old sim so in all likelyhood it does require an upgrade, because it probably doesn't support 3g. just take it to one of the networks shops and they should be able to issue you a new one, with the same number etc.

as for the off and on that doesnt sound right, might be the phone over the sim. and the screen not responding is something thats been releated to a wifi issue that is also believed to be fixed with gingerbread.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews