1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Old style chargers work?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GNS1310, Jan 3, 2012.

1. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    Just got my case and charger in the mail. Bought these two...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was around $20 for both. Case seems fine. Snug fit, kickstand seems a bit flimsy...
    The end of the car charger looks exactly like the one for my Incredible. It fits, haven't tried it in the car yet..my home charger has a much bigger tip, wondering if the smaller one will hurt the battery in any way?

Advertisement

2. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    Also, when both sides of the case are on, charging isn't an option. The case covers a bit of the area where you plug it in. Might take a knife or something and chop away just a tiny bit of the case. Wouldn't be much at all and hardly noticeable.

3. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2010
    Male
    San Diego, CA
    I use a blackberry, a Samsung, and a DInc charger with no issues. In my experience, don't go cheap when buying car chargers. You end up paying more after all the replacements.

I have no idea why this charger looks so different but my gf doesn't know it fits her Samsung. Win!

4. Fatalpipsqueek

None

Dec 24, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    yeah i use my old samsung fascinate charger still. and it works well. but you really shouldnt skimp on chargers. more money sometimes means better quality with these types of accessories

5. Cares

Cares Android Enthusiast

Dec 1, 2010
    Yep...you should be able to use any mobile phone charger for your Rezound as long as the plug fits. Usually the variation in output and amps are negligible but if you're worried just check that they match.

I've used at least 5 different phone chargers on my Rezound.

6. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    Be sure the charger is 1A or higher type. (The home/overnight charger that comes with the phone is 1A type.) have fun....

7. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Depends on how old you are. "Old Style" means different things to different people... :p

[​IMG]

8. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2011
    Oklahoma City
    You got it. I did a lot of charger research with my TBolt. Chargers less than 1A will charge it, but it will be slower. If you're doing anything with it while it's charging, it may just keep up & not gain much. I usually stick to the Verizon chargers because they've always worked great and you can get the wall charger on Amazon for about $6.00 as opposed to $30.00 at Verizon. Most of Verizon and HTC brand accessories are a lot less on Amazon. The description says the blades don't fold, but they do. I have three now.

Amazon.com: Verizon Original Micro-USB Wall Charger with Detachable Data Cable Wireless ECO Travel EMICUSBDTVL cell phone: Cell Phones & Accessories

A lot of people use the Motorola car charger which is also about $5.00 on Amazon. It's just under 1A (.950mA) but works great and you won't notice any difference.

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm always a little wary of off brand chargers, especially if they don't list their spec's.

Tags: