• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Old TV style animation for DX Gingerbread!

Maybe the President can include removal of TV remotes from homes in his fitness initiative. ;)

There are times my family gets more exercise moving around the room looking for the remote control that what it would take to walk to the TV itself. The problem is back in the day there was only 3 to 6 channels that you could get on a TV so it was not hard to turn a dial or two to get to the channel you want. Today with 300+ channels it can take forever to manually get to the channel you want manually. Another reason I love my X, the dishnetwork app on my phone and I can change the channel from my phone!

Upvote 0
I have actually come across a few TV's that didn't have channel/volume buttons on them, just a power button. I guess they figure if you lose your factory remote, there are plenty of universals out there to be had. Still, I was pretty well flabergasted when I looked for the controls on the TV set only to find it didn't have any.

I guess back in the day remotes weren't quite as necessary when there were only 3 channels on the air. lol

Upvote 0
So if you decide you don't like this or get tired of it, how do you get rid of it?

The easy way is going into Spare Parts and setting your transitions to "Fast."

That doesn't get rid of it, but it stops it from being used.

Otherwise, probably the easiest way is to just re-flash the GB leak over the top of your existing install. Since I'm sure you probably didn't back up your framework-res.apk before installing.

Upvote 0
Just for confirmation...the original "CRT off" mod works on the new GB leak? I still have the one I flashed on the original leak...can anyone confirm that it works fine??

I wouldn't use it, you will revert the new framework back to 4.5.573 version.

EDIT:
Unless you're asking if it's modded in the same way, then nevermind :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones