1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Older Newbee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rosymatt, Jun 25, 2011.

1. rosymatt

rosymatt Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Howdy. This is my first chat. I am 61 yrs, runner, hiker, scouter, and going to be bike rider, and old millwright carpenter, that is an electronic "changeling" still learning. This site looked like the best friendliest place to discuss problems, ask about favorite apps etc.
    Prove me right group. :rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. rosymatt

rosymatt Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    I have a Samsung captivate that I am looking for a podcast player app to download. What kind of recommendations do you have.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!
    I think you have found the friendliest place on the internet. At least one where rules of conduct are actually important ;)

You will always get the best information about a specific device in the forums for that device. In your case, you'll want to check out the Samsung Captivate Forum.

As for a Podcast Player, it really depends on what your listening to. I only subscribe to a few on NPR so the NPR player is enough for me. I've heard others Mention PodCatcher and DoggCatcher, but I don't really have any first-hand experience with them. You might want to browse the whole listing and see if anything suits your needs.

4. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Welcome to Android Forums. I'm not yet sixty but I'm not a young pup either lol. I have fallen in love with the android devices and with the help of the forums and the friendly people here.... I manage to keep pace with the younger crowd. I'm a carpenter as well. I've trimmed new homes since 1966... (ouch, that hurts to say)
    Here is a link to the sub forum here for your device. It should prove helpful and informative. Good luck and enjoy. Samsung Captivate - Android Forums