• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
handmark brings 2010 winter olympics to android | droid life: a motorola droid blog

Winter%20Sports%20Live.png

Upvote 0
any way to stream it live from somewhere?

Except for ttaylor's suggestion, no. NCB's idiotic management has decided that instead of capitalizing on people interest in watching in different places/formats, they are somehow trying to fight piracy, not really sure who pirates the Olympics, and how that would even affect them, and are only streaming curling and hockey. That's it. No wonder they're the only network ever expected to come away from the Olympics with a loss.

/rant

Upvote 0
2010 Winter Olympics on USTREAM: 2010 Winter Olympics. Other Sports

I will be broadcasting it over ustream. Just download the ustream viewer app.

A quick test of the app and I am happy to report after an afternoon of non stop cpu work, it all is in working order now. When you open the ustream app just search "2010 Winter Olympics"

The stream will go live around 1p.m. central tomorrow, when the first games start... This is going to work for saturday and sunday, but then I will try to connect my actual TV tuner insted of my cap card to e able to not have my TV turned on to stream! :D

Upvote 0
Alright, no more stream. Someone reported this which makes me angry... Here is the email I got:

Dear ttaylor24,

This message is to notify you that we have received notice of a claim that material you have made available through the Ustream.TV service is infringing. In response the material has been removed from the Ustream.TV service. In accordance with Ustream.TV's Copyright and IP Policy and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, in the event that we receive additional notices regarding material made available via your account, Ustream.TV will take whatever action we deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Ustream.TV service and/or termination of your account in appropriate circumstances.

Regards, Ustream.TV

Upvote 0
Alright, no more stream. Someone reported this which makes me angry... Here is the email I got:

Dear ttaylor24,

This message is to notify you that we have received notice of a claim that material you have made available through the Ustream.TV service is infringing. In response the material has been removed from the Ustream.TV service. In accordance with Ustream.TV's Copyright and IP Policy and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, in the event that we receive additional notices regarding material made available via your account, Ustream.TV will take whatever action we deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Ustream.TV service and/or termination of your account in appropriate circumstances.

Regards, Ustream.TV

I was just searching for you. That really sucks but thanks for trying to help everyone out.

I find it sad that with all this technology in the world we are still subjected to the draconian tv business model.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones