• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Omar Khan on Engadget

Hark

Oct 5, 2009
Just watching the interview with Samsung CSO Omar Khan on Engadget.

The Engadget Show - 012: Omar Khan talks Android and teases Galaxy Tab, Harmonix shows off Rock Band 3 and Dance Central, and more! -- Engadget

If you wish to get even more worked up and angry at Samsung then I advise you to do the same. Here's some choice quotes for you to get an idea of the fun that awaits you when you watch the video:-

"our goal is to upgrade customers as quickly as possible from one version to another"

On the fact that there's new versions and other devices are ahead:

"It's a known challenge it's something we planned for"

"I think it would be frustrating if there wasn't continuous innovation" uh-huh

"But it's something we know, we plan for it, and we continue to develop for it. If new versions didn't come out, I think that would be more frustrating to be honest with you...."

Really Omar, you think that might be frustrating!!!

And that's with the Galaxy S on 2.1 with 2.2 being released on other phones and him saying they are slow cos it takes time to port TouchWiz. We don't have Touchwiz (we can be thankful for something I suppose) - so what's their bloody excuse for not updating the original Galaxy??? If I met him on the street... :mad:

When he talks upgrading he's definitely referring to OS versions. As far as Samsung are concerned the Galaxy S is their first Android phone, anything that came before were small tests and not important. From a business point of view I see sense in that, from a customer that was bitten by them I'm royally upset.

As for a frozen turd, well even that he could use for fertiliser for his garden. The only thing he should get from us is a class action lawsuit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones