• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OMFG please help. The new update SCREWED my phone

dubes40

Lurker
May 15, 2010
My phone just alerted me about the new system update. so i did it. and it ofcourse took like 20 mins, which was no prob. I was looking forward to an update.

but now its all done and it erased ALL my numbers. like my numbers are there but theres no names to them.

and also it keeps alerting me that i need to sign into youtube for some reason and it has my correct user name for youtube in it but it says my password is wrong and i need to re enter it. so i did that and its telling me im entering the wrong password but im not. and did it over and over 20 times and it keeps saying wrong password.

i did that. for a while my phonebook was still nameless but it eventually came back lol maybe my flipping out was a bit premature

but i still have the youtube problem. each time i turned the phone back on a weird screen popped up that already had my youtube user name locked in and it told me to enter my password, but it wont accept my correct password and also theres no way for me to get rid of that pop up. it stays up there in the notification bar

Upvote 0
Ok, breathe... reboot the phone... if that doesn't work, many members here are doing a factory reset and that is fixing some of the issues. No harm in trying since you just reset anyways.

Are your contacts Google contacts? If so, log in to your Gmail account and if they're all good in there, they should eventually all sync over correctly.

The Youtube login issue sounds familiar... I would suggest a search to see if there is a fix.

Otherwise, is everything good? To be honest, your phone doesn't sound THAT "screwed". Give it a bit to get situated. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I'm curious as to something...

In my gmail account it says I have 219 contacts...but in my phone it tells me that I have 227 which is the correct #...I've synced my contacts 20+ times. But everytime I check Gmail it still only says 219 contacts. Any ideas?

I didn't want to do this update til I was sure all my contacts were in there.

Upvote 0
I'm curious as to something...

In my gmail account it says I have 219 contacts...but in my phone it tells me that I have 227 which is the correct #...I've synced my contacts 20+ times. But everytime I check Gmail it still only says 219 contacts. Any ideas?

I didn't want to do this update til I was sure all my contacts were in there.

Those extra could be stored on the phone. Perhaps Facebook contacts or the installed Verizon numbers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones