• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Omg bestbuy = worst store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been checking there online store 5 times a day for 5 days seeing if they have it in stock and when they do I call and they say they don't..... omg. Almost every store in my area says they have it in stock and there ALL telling me no. wtf!!!

drive there it does the trick!!!

then tell them that you called and someone told you they had em and if they dont that you need one since you drove there !!!

they will call other stores and hook you up...worked for me!

Upvote 0
This is so ridiculous. The reason why is because unlike every other company that sells your preorders after three days of you not picking them up. Best buy understands that this is a heavy vacation time so yes they have them but the are being held for pre orders. How would you like someone selling your preorders because you couldn't pick it up because of a family vacation or complications on your upgrade status with Sprint?

Upvote 0
I live near Hillsboro, OR and I picked up a replacement from Best Buy. My original EVO had a stress crack near the power button. I walked in the store yesterday, put on a list and picked up my new phone today.

I recommend getting on their waiting list, get a reps name and number - then just call every morning. My Best Buy store received the phone at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time and that's their usually shipment delivery time. According to my rep, they usually get EVO's every day, but quantities do vary.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
I think all that can be said in this thread has already been said.

Ultimately if they don't have them, they don't have them. Writing a story on the internet about how they are the worst store for not having them will not magically make them appear.

Keep checking and check online and through Sprint and through Radio Shack... You'll find one soon enough :)

Upvote 0
I've checked websites like BB/Sprint/Radio Shack, etc daily. Plus called daily. I finally said screw it and ordered mine through Wirefly even though it said to allow 3-4 weeks. I figured I could cancel the order if I found one elsewhere. Ordered it last Wed(14th) and it was shipped to me this morning. 1 Week was a nice surprise and just saved me from the headache of hunting one down.

I don't think you can call BB or any other store is the worst though. They have no control over the Evo shortage and they are doing what they can. Kind of an immature post we have here.

Upvote 0
I've been checking there online store 5 times a day for 5 days seeing if they have it in stock and when they do I call and they say they don't..... omg. Almost every store in my area says they have it in stock and there ALL telling me no. wtf!!!

Umm ok how does a store being out of a product make them the worst store ever maybe you should blame sprint or htc for not making enough but blaming best buy is just ignorant.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones