1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support OMG!!! Group text answers... need help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by justicedealt, Jan 8, 2013.

1. justicedealt

justicedealt Member
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Okay, when I send a group text, or receive a group text, all of the correspondence afterwards comes back as a multimedia message, if that is not bad enough, when it downloads, it gets put into the "group" conversation, and I have to go to that group of texts to read it. I know there is something that I need to select to fix this probably, but I have not found it, and it is driving me crazy. Thanks

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    When first entering the messaging app hit menu/settings and change it from group to individual messages (don't have RAZR in front of me to give you exactly what it says).

3. DDG

DDG Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Insurance/Benefits
    So Cal
    Select "Outgoing group message type" and change that to "Individual Conversations".

4. dwaters76

dwaters76 Newbie
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    Male
    Business Analyst for a software company
    OKC
    You might want to give GroupMe a try. It works for anyone who has texting and is truly group messaging. I use my Google Voice number on it and keep in contact with multiple groups of people. Friends, Family, wife's family, friends who trade pics of girls with hot booties....It has a nice picture sharing functionality, and the ability to share your location. So fun when using it with large groups. We used it in Vegas a few years ago and it was awesome to keep in touch while we all went nuts......