1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support OMG I Need someones help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ajam100, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ajam100

ajam100 Lurker

Aug 15, 2010
    I have nexus one. This is my story. I had rooted my phone using universial android. I installed cyanogen mod and was a very happy user until I saw the MIUI Rom and then I flashed that. Then I saw that it was to unstable so I restored to a backup I made of cyanogen. After I started using cyanogen mod again it was very unstable and had random reboots and lots of force closes. So I just decided I was done with the rooting business so I was gonna use a passimg. Acsently I flashed the Korean passimg and I can't flash any of the other ones(except the frg33one because i cant update to frg83 after and lose root) So on the Korean Rom I rooted and installed clockworkmod. Then I noticed I couldn't install any custom rom(i tried CM6, CM6RC3,MIUI)and I kept getting errors.So while I was in clockwordmod restored one of my old stockrom backups before i had flashed any roms and it worked. But still when went to go and try and flash a rom it still gave me errors. But the most ANNNOYING thing of all is i would flash clockwordmod in rommanager than i would touch reboot to recovery. It worked. I got into clockwordmod but then when i would try and go back again a second time it wouldn't be there. It would be the stock android recovery and even when i would go to recovery though the bootloader it would still be stock recovery. I dont know what to do. As i said my bootloader isnt unlocked because i dont want to void my warrenty. my inital plan was if i ever needed to return this ting i could just i could just run a passimg and restore to to stock everything and there would be no traces. If i have to return my phone it would have to be last resort because I live in Canada and I would have to play ridiculous duties and taxes on it. Now i just want to make sure im able to install gingerbread on when it comes out. Also i forgot to mention that everytime i try to update my phone to 2.2.1 it always fails even though im on stock recovery(although even when i go into recovery and it is the stock recovery rommanager still says im running clockwordmod) PLEASE HELP!!!

ps. Im only 13 but i consider myself to be pretty techsmart for 13. I wouldnt mind using cmd/terminal and im running ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop.

Advertisement

2. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    ajam100 likes this.
  3. ajam100

ajam100 Lurker

Aug 15, 2010
Tags: