• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My wife just got the Thunderbolt......OMG why did I sign a 2 year contract with my POS Fascinate!!

All I've been thinking about all day is, "should I buy a 220g aquarium or a Thunderbolt."

Thats what I felt with my Fasnicate, I got rid of that thing. I must admit the only one true thing I liked about the Fascinate was the screen, thats about it.

Upvote 0
My wife just got the Thunderbolt......OMG why did I sign a 2 year contract with my POS Fascinate!!

All I've been thinking about all day is, "should I buy a 220g aquarium or a Thunderbolt."

Fascinate is junk and the Thunderbolt is awesome, no doubt. But the thunderbolt will be old news alot faster than that 220g. Man, I can get a ton of discus in a 220.

Fascinate is bad compared to a thunderbolt but its not THAT bad. Deal with the phone. Get the tank.

Upvote 0
Do you have the box? Is it in good condition? If so, do what i do. Sell it on ebay, but list it as NEW OTHER. Say it is brand new. You opened it and took the plastic off to activate it, then decided to get an iphone. lol works everytime. Now you can sell it for the full retail price.

I'd offer different advice...

List the phone 100% honestly. If your phone has light scratches for example, take pictures of them so people know exactly what to expect.

I've also sold phones that were rooted and rommed. I then offer to answer any questions the buyer would have and get them started with making any changes they would want. Many people want a rooted phone but simply don't want to, or can't do it themselves. Offering technical support may take an hour or two of your time eventually but it may make someone pay a little extra for YOUR phone. Also, I always offer to return the phone to stock, unrooted if the buyer would prefer.

Lot's of options...but lying about the phone being brand new is exactly what's wrong with eBay and I wouldn't recommend it. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'd offer different advice...

List the phone 100% honestly. If your phone has light scratches for example, take pictures of them so people know exactly what to expect.

I've also sold phones that were rooted and rommed. I then offer to answer any questions the buyer would have and get them started with making any changes they would want. Many people want a rooted phone but simply don't want to, or can't do it themselves. Offering technical support may take an hour or two of your time eventually but it may make someone pay a little extra for YOUR phone. Also, I always offer to return the phone to stock, unrooted if the buyer would prefer.

Lot's of options...but lying about the phone being brand new is exactly what's wrong with eBay and I wouldn't recommend it. :rolleyes:

I agree 1000 percent. I've sold many, many phones on eBay and have the positive feedback to prove it. My phones are always near perfect, but my husband's usually have a tiny bit of wear. To him, it's no big deal and I shouldn't even mention it. But I do every time, every single blemish, but it a pinhole sized nick or a not noticeable unless you turn it 2 degrees north and look at it under neon lights scratch on the screen. I've also always gotten top dollar for my devices.

Upvote 0
Do you have the box? Is it in good condition? If so, do what i do. Sell it on ebay, but list it as NEW OTHER. Say it is brand new. You opened it and took the plastic off to activate it, then decided to get an iphone. lol works everytime. Now you can sell it for the full retail price.

Yikes, really? Boo to you. This is why ebay sucks sometimes.

Some jerk sold me a phone once that was supposed to be like new, with BS pictures and all. I get the phone in a SHOEBOX wrapped in DUCT tape. I open it up and it looked like he drove a tractor over it, threw it off a building and then pissed on it. Then he gets pissed at me when I demand a refund and had the audacity to leave bad feedback.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones