• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OMJ 2.2 Review

HXC

Nov 6, 2010
First if you had problems flashing over this ROM such as being in the sprint 4g boot loop, heres the fix. Take the battery out and boot into recovery . Wipe cache and Dalvik Cache then wipe data. Yes its painfull but this a very nice ROM. Anyway back to the review.

This is a pretty basic rom and not much is changed. Its basically a ROM that removes Bloatware and adds some nice Root apps such as wifi tether.

This ROM is on a stock kernel.

The one big thing I noticed is the good battery life.

I unplug my phone at 7 am and goto school, at school I send 30-40 text messages and check my phone frequently.

By the end of school, 3:15,I was at 80%
Now my bus ride is 45 mins long, so to the pass the time I normally play a game or am on phone texting and what not, now before root and rom , by the time I got home i would be around 20-30% but after playing a game for 30 mins (Angry Birds) and texting for the rest. I was at 67% which is MUCH better than the previous Stock ROM i was on
If your looking for a non changing ROM with good battery life and Bloatware removed, I reccomend OMJ 2.2 Froyo ROM

Honestly, the ROM has a small hand in battery life. It is mostly how efficient the kernel is. HTC's lastest Kernels, #10 and #17, offer amazing battery life. 9 hours of the phone being on and it was at 84%.

Now at 11hrs I'm at 65% after my drive back from school with GPS, Pandora, and 4G running.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones