• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help on AT&T

mobilemute

Lurker
Jan 2, 2010
So I REALLY want an HTC Sense enabled phone, except my family is making me keep AT&T. I heard that the HTC Magic can support Sense. Where can I buy an HTC Magic that will work with HTC Sense, run on AT&T's network (Possibly 3G, I've heard that it might with Rogers), and be affordable? I just REALLY want a new phone, not my crappy Samsung SGH-A707 with a hole in the front screen....

So yeah, I'm new to this kinda, so help me out!

-mm

If you are in the U.S., the only choice is to try to get a Magic made for the Canadian phone company Rogers. It is designed to use the same 3G frequencies as U.S. AT&T.
Right now, the Rogers Magic still does not have the sense iu, but HTC promised it will be coming soon. Thereafter, HTC promises one more upgrade to Android 2.1.
You can get for info on the Rogers forum here or at Rogers forum at the Howard forum website.
If you are really into this, try to get one from Ebay. Do note that there are a lot of Magics being sold. Most of them are thetmobile My3G or the international Magic. You have to look closely that it is a Magic made for Rogers.
Also, make sure that it is unlocked. If you are buying from a Canadian seller and the seller is shipping via UPS, expect to pay UPS an extra $30 for the privilege of being your custom agent. Hope this helps.
Oh, once you get it, you have to manually input the APN for AT&T's network in order to get data working. Forgot the settings but you can google it.

Upvote 0
Just tried using the camera and it says to insert a sd card? I have A2SD.GUI installed if that helps. And I excluded most folders in quick pics but I don't think that matters. Just found something use weird. I went to Catlog tried to save and it said sd card not found

I have noticed on occasion this device doesn't seem to pick up the sdcard after booting. Just reboot and make sure the sdcard loads (you should see the checking sdcard for errors icon appear in notification bar when the homepage first appears) I've looked into this and can't seem to find the cause yet. It actually seems to happen more often when I power off and switch batteries. Especially when I use quick boot to power off then switch batteries. I am curious though if this is just me or if anyone else has noticed this. Again rebooting or hot booting should fix this. This seems to be the phone itself though as I haven't made any changes that affect reading sdcard. I'm very curious about this quirk though and was wondering what you were doing right before this happened? I'm pretty sure though it's just one of this phones quirks it especially doesn't seem to handle to be rushed when it boots. ie. Opening lock screen before it's done loading anyway would love to hear some feedback on this. Oh and you should only use the hide feature on folders that really need it otherwise you'll start wondering where everything went when you go to music or pics. Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones