1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

On battery life...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rmp5s, Aug 31, 2011.

1. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member

I unplugged my TF on 8-29 at 0800 and got the 15% warning at 1700 on 8-31. 57 hrs and still not quite dead? On a single charge? Really? How is this possible? I had the brightness at ~60%, bluetooth on for all of it, wifi on for most of it and was using the HELL out of it...emulators galore and music to the bluetooth headphones on the Osprey ride ftw...lol

I rooted and ROMd my TMo SGS the day I got it...the fact that I haven't tinkered with this thing yet is as much a testament to how much I like it as it is to the location situation I'm in.

If I root it and overclock it (transferring files to SD/USB is REALLY slow...), would it destroy my battery life? I mean...I supposed I COULD sacrifice some after all. Even *I* can find a power hole every day and a half or so.

Who says it's worth it!!??

Who says to keep it stock!!??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I'm a fan of rooting and rom-ing. That said I've yet to feel the need to do either to my TF. It's not full of bloatware that annoys me, and the stock speed and look are both acceptable to me. In this instance I'm leaning towards "if it ain't broke..."

3. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member

Ditto

I have rooted my HTC EVO 4G long time ago, tried different roms and have removed bloatware and love messing with it to get the best...

with that said, i have yet to find a reason to root my ATF.... i love the speed, and specially love the battery life... the bloatware is quite useful considering and it does what i need. maybe later i will root it... but for now, i am happy and i am enjoying it

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Like the others, I'm not interested in rooting either at the moment. Perhaps after the warranty expires, I may experiment, but I'm quite happy with the TF right now.
    :)

5. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member

Hmm...interesting. A sign that Android really has come that far. Impressive.

Anyway...I am REALLY considering downloading BackTrack 5's ARM architecture port and trying to make it work on here. That might be a project for when I get home though. My resources are limited here...not only for DOING something like this in the first place (I can't even get the OS to download...), but also for fixing it when it goes awry.

6. No_u

No_u Android Enthusiast

What does that do?

7. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member

BackTrack is a penetration testing distro of Linux. I always thought being able to use this on something as portable as the TF or my Android phone would be AWESOME...then I found out they made a port for ARM architecture devices and it got me thinking. THEN I found this:

[HOW-TO] Backtrack 5 on Motorola Xoom (with Gnome UI via TightVNCServer)

Works on a XOOM...I've also heard about it working on a Droid Incredible. Should work on a TF.

If anyone else is curious, here's BackTrack's faq: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews