1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

On Bluetooth Connect Auto-Streams Music, Disconnect Pauses

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mallinj, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mallinj

mallinj Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    Attorney and Blogger
    Detroit
    I use a Blackberry Music Gateway receiver for A2DP bluetooth audio streaming in the car. Is there any app (paid or free) that will auto-play music upon connecting via A2DP and then pause when disconnected? This would be a terrific idea, if it's not out there already.

It seems that some music players can be triggered to start upon headset insertion but I haven't seen one that is keyed to a A2DP bluetooth connection.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. NuclearSpazam

NuclearSpazam Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    I am currently writing an app that detects and connects/disconnects to specified bluetooth devices within range (which the device is previously paired with). I can include your suggestion in my app as an option.

But playing music is very general, you must be more specific. Do you wish that it opens x playlist, specified in options? Do you want it to just open the android music player to what was last played? Would you prefer a prompt that allows you to search through artists/songs to choose?

Also since I'm a uni student the original app would not be released for a while (couple weeks - month). Although I should have the original idea completed and debugged by next week.

3. mallinj

None

Oct 31, 2009
    Attorney and Blogger
    Detroit
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of something that plays/pauses current playlist in the stock music player (even better if we could specify the player). It seems that PowerAmp can stream automatically when A2DP connected and pauses when disconnected. Just learned about this. PowerAmp sells for $4.99 in the Market. It seems like a very good player, IMO. Good luck with the app. I'd be happy to test it for you.

4. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Bay Area
    PowerAmp has an option for that.

5. mallinj

None

Oct 31, 2009
    Attorney and Blogger
    Detroit
    Anyone know if Tasker can both start an app and trigger it to play upon A2DP connection?