• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [On Hold] JellyBean CM10.1

Jimmy422

Nov 17, 2011
5Y6tb.png

Hi y'all.

See the other thread for current developments. Once we get CM 10 working we'll work on updating it to 10.1.

5Y6tb.png

Hi y'all.

I'm currently in the process of building CM10 for the Reverb (It's compiling as we speak!) and (assuming it compiles correctly) it should be ready for testing tomorrow. If anybody is willing to be a guinea pig with me in the next couple of weeks, I would greatly appreciate that.

The build has compiled, and I'm flashing it to my phone in a few minutes to test it.

Give a big thanks to xInterlopeRx for helping me out with getting everything set up!

I'll post a link to the flashable zip as soon as it's ready.

I know myself and tylermetcalf1998 would love to test

Upvote 0
the assert basically makes sure you're installing the room on the right device. the assert is wrong though. instead of looking for "reverb", it should be looking for " iconvmu". i did get it to successfully install but it didn't boot.

So what do we need to do? change everything reverb to iconvmu? and get the scripting right?

Upvote 0
jsut attempted to flash, it gave me a error, it says

finding uptdate package...
opening update package...
installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "
reverb" !! getprop("ro.product.device") == "reverb" !!
E"error in .zip
(status 7)

with that i was wondering why there were no flashable gapps with this ROM, on my OV there were flashable gapps for every ROM

Upvote 0
ummmm...it has no launcher...is that why?

Firstly, it does have the launcher. It's named Trebuchet.apk
Secondly, that's not the reason why it's not booting.

jsut attempted to flash, it gave me a error, it says

finding uptdate package...
opening update package...
installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "
reverb" !! getprop("ro.product.device") == "reverb" !!
E"error in .zip
(status 7)

with that i was wondering why there were no flashable gapps with this ROM, on my OV there were flashable gapps for every ROM

On my previous post, I posted files that will make it install. No, it won't boot though.

could it be the recovery causing this problem? ive heard of recoveries not being able to open the right packages and files

Recovery isn't the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Reverb community,

I want to get one thing straight. Building CM10 isn't as easy as putting all the files in the right place and having it compile. Just because it compiles, doesn't mean it will boot when installed. Jimmy needs to make changes to it and build it again. This might be difficult so give him some time.

To Jimmy: What kernel are you using? I would like to know because the problem might be there.

Reactions: Jimmy422
Upvote 0
Firstly, it does have the launcher. It's named Trebuchet.apk
Secondly, that's not the reason why it's not booting.

On my previous post, I posted files that will make it install. No, it won't boot though.

Recovery isn't the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Reverb community,

I want to get one thing straight. Building CM10 isn't as easy as putting all the files in the right place and having it compile. Just because it compiles, doesn't mean it will boot when installed. Jimmy needs to make changes to it and build it again. This might be difficult so give him some time.

To Jimmy: What kernel are you using? I would like to know because the problem might be there.

Dear Martinez, I would just like to say, we are just trying to help!

Upvote 0

I'm using the stock kernel, straight from Samsung OpenSource.

Sorry for not getting on fixing this as soon as I can, I've literally never done anything of this nature before. If I can get guidance for what to check and fix I'll be happy to help.

Upvote 0

Sorry for not getting on fixing this as soon as I can, I've literally never done anything of this nature before. If I can get guidance for what to check and fix I'll be happy to help.

May i just recommend a custom kernel in which we are able to overclock? my optimus elite has cm7 with a custom kernel and it can overclock from 800MHz to 1.62GHz

Upvote 0
Dear Martinez, I would just like to say, we are just trying to help!

I apologize if I offended you. I'm just saying that all we can do as the community is wait and support. Jimmy needs a dev to help him out with building it.

I've never done this either but I believe we need to custom kernel to get this ROM to boot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones