1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

On my 2nd Droid, ready to exchange for 3rd...should I keep it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SAFE_2006, Mar 4, 2010.

1. SAFE_2006

SAFE_2006 Newbie

Mar 4, 2010
    Losing weight
    Southern California
    After writing a long thread and having it disappear, here is the jist of it. I was about to get an iPhone until Droid "landed". This is my first smartphone and I love it. It's better than (fill in the blank). I have religiously read this forum since my purchase in early December. My first Droid was great for two months until it shut down mid-call and wouldn't reboot past the "Droid eye". I tried everything to fix but couldn't so I reluctantly exchanged it. Verizon "expert" salesperson gave me a reman Droid, which concerned me but I didn't want to make a fuss about it. She claimed it was a new Droid and then inserted my SD card. After turning on the phone, SD card wouldn't read, so I opened it and found that she had just jammed it in the metal piece. I fixed it and was on my way.
    Now my camera video gets choppy and freezes during playback, but the audio keeps playing. My friend warned me about Motorola but I decided to buy it anyway. I'm really disappointed and ready to exchange again. Should I kept trying until I get a decent phone or give up and switch phones. What's your opinion?
    After months of reading posts, I decided to contribute. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Well, you're past the 30 days so why not.. I've had to replace mine already also. I'd keep replacing until ....................

3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert

Oct 24, 2009
    Project Manager
    Southern California
    I got mine about 3 weeks after they launched, and I have not had 1 problem relating to the phone. (I've had FC's and stuff, but that is because of custom roms)...

Hopefully you get lucky, and third times a charm! Keep it!

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Dec 7, 2009
    I'm sorry that after reading this forum for so many months and end up having ur first post be a negative one. That sucks. but honestly, I've replaced mine but luckily I got a good one after my first exchange. I don't think going to another phone will be very cost effective since ur past ur 30 days. I would keep trying because getting a droid that works is really worth the hassle. This phone really is a great phone. Good luck with ur next droid.

SAFE_2006 likes this.
  5. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Android Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2009
    In the forum dog house.
    I wonder how healthy your SD card is. (?) They aren't infallable by any means, especially at 16 gigs in such a small (& new) package. All it takes is one or two well placed clusters to screw you up.