• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ON/OFF Button

d1sco

Lurker
Jan 27, 2013
Hello, i have some issue with my phone (HTC Wildfire S). Not always, but sometimes, i deal with the ON/OFF Button that won't work. I mean, it has no effect at all. Sometimes after many tries to unlock the phone, i am forced to take off the battery and put it back on to make the phone work. What do you think this may be? Thanks !

I do believe there is an app that can shut it down when you press the icon. But to turn it back on....But I wouldn't know why you have that problem. It's probably some hardware issue. If you have your warantee, take it to the HTC service centre and they should fix it for you

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with mine. I thought it was software but on closer inspection it is definitely hardware. The silver plastic on/off switch can't actuate the microswitch which controls the power/wake function. If you can get your finger nail between the rear of the switch and the case (behind the removable back cover) you should be able to turn your device on or off easily. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones