1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support On refresh old emails disapear from inbox

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sajjad, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Sajjad

Sajjad New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Hi
    I use Samsung Galaxy S phone and my email setup is working fine except every time I refresh, all my previous e-mails disappear from my phone inbox, what do I have to do to keep my old emails until I am ready to answer or to delete? Can anybody help me? pretty please :thinking:

Thanks

Advertisement

2. ang3

ang3 Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    my emails keep disappearing too. usually it keeps the recent one but the older ones always disapear. i have 'delete old message' settings disabled so whys it doing that. i have to keep doing 'refresh data' to get all of my emails. this is in samsung email app

3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Newcastle, England
    Can't remember about the standard email client but certainly the GMail client only syncs mail from a set number of days ago (1, 3, 5, whatever, don't remember the default).

Once a mail is older than this limit it won't be on the phone by default.

4. ang3

ang3 Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    i notice my emails dont disappear on refresh but after i turn it off then back on.

5. tamivroma

tamivroma Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Realtor - West Michigan Real Estate
    Allendale, MI
    Samsung is having a real problem with their email client - to solve I downloaded K-9 email client from the market. My problem was once i had my emails set up they wouldn't receive - even exchanged the phone only to find it was a samsung issue.

6. Wild Thing

Wild Thing Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Ireland
    bear in mind if you have downloaded or someone else has downloaded your mail from a pc or laptop it will have deleted your mail of the email server so when you refresh the mail on your phones inbox will dissapear.

7. ang3

ang3 Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    but for me doing a 'refresh data' in account settings retrieves all of my emails, even though they have been downloaded from a pc. then they eventually disappear after rebooting the phone