1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

On Screen Keyboard sounds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rook, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Rook

Rook Lurker

Overnight my Pixel 4a decided that when you type on the screen keyboard it will make a clicking sound for each key. I've went to settings and turned off everything that has sound associated with it and nothing changes the keyboard. None of my other icons etc. make any noise when clicking on them but the keyboard and it's driving me crazy. This thing has come close to taking flight and it will eventually if I can't get the damn thing to shut the hell up!!

#1 Rook, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by Rook, Jan 6, 2021 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

It is probably a setting buried within the settings of the keyboard app itself.

If not, then look for a setting on the device called 'haptic feedback' and turn it off.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Rook

Rook Lurker

Well I finally figured it out. I had to go to settings and then click on system and then click on languages and then go to input gboard and then go to keyboards and click on screen keyboard then click on gboard and then click multiple lingual typing then click on preferences and then scroll down to key press and then click on sound on key press. It only took me about 2 days to figure that out. Wonder who sits around and thinks all that crap up? Amazing!

codesplice, Dannydet and puppykickr like this.
  5. puppykickr

Just one of many reasons that I don't use GBoard, lol.

Dannydet likes this.
  6. puppykickr

Also, if I remember right, you can long press the comma key, and the pop up will have a settings pinwheel as an option that you can slide your finger to.

This will take you directly to your keyboard settings, without all that nonsense.

This is a common way to access the settings of many keyboard apps.

If it's not the comma button, it may be the emoji button.

Generally it is whatever button is left of the spacebar on a four row keyboard.

Rook and Dannydet like this.
  7. Rook

Rook Lurker

Thanks Mr. Puppykickr. That certainly is a much easier way getting to the keyboard settings.

Google Pixel 4A Forum

The Google Pixel 4A release date is 20 August. Features and Specs include a 5.81" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 730 processor, and 3140mAh battery.

20 August
Release Date
Reviews