• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help on second droid

MarjorieA

Lurker
Dec 8, 2009
In 3 weeks I've had to return my droid for a replacement. Everyone that I callled or called me got terrible echo. Customer service Verizon said to return. New one doing the same thing. From different sites it says fix is coming later this week. Until then says to power cycle the phone. How do you do that?
My contacts are not liking it especially my elderly dad who calls me 3 times a day. Thanks!
MarjorieA:rolleyes:

In 3 weeks I've had to return my droid for a replacement. Everyone that I callled or called me got terrible echo. Customer service Verizon said to return. New one doing the same thing. From different sites it says fix is coming later this week. Until then says to power cycle the phone. How do you do that?
My contacts are not liking it especially my elderly dad who calls me 3 times a day. Thanks!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

I moved your post to the Droid forum where someone will probably give you some advice ...

Upvote 0

I have read that it is something to be addressed in the update they are rolling out right now (slowly starting yesterday for the next few days). To power cycle you just pull the battery, put it back in, and turn on the Droid. Good luck and welcome

Upvote 0
I have read that it is something to be addressed in the update they are rolling out right now (slowly starting yesterday for the next few days). To power cycle you just pull the battery, put it back in, and turn on the Droid. Good luck and welcome

With the screen on, you should press and hold the power button to bring up the Phone Options menu, tap the "Power off" button, wait for the phone to turn off fully, and then pull the battery out. Leave the battery out for at least 1 minute, then replace it and press and hold the power button to power back on. It's bad to just yank the battery without powering off properly.

Upvote 0

Dont feel bad I had that problem too! However mine was much much worse... my Motorola Droid stopped sending texts messages .. I spoke with verizon and they were going to give me a new phone but I bought it from best buy so I just took it back to BB and they gave me a brand new phone! (I wasnt even a month into having my 1st droid and got a new one) So far no problems at all with my 2nd droid including the echo... Friends have reported much better sound quality when I talk with them! Hope your problems gets fixed but I say you should take it back now just in case there is actually something wrong with your phone thats not just a bug.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones