1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

On the fence still

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Raimond42, May 21, 2011.

1. Raimond42

Raimond42 Newbie

I have had my Atrix for 12 days now and still not comfortable navigating it. I had a iPhone for 4 years and was used to its software and of course its limitations. I have installed several apps and it is getting easier to use but the battery life is not as good as the iPhone IMHO.
    I have installed Go launcher, Go Contacts, Call history and several apps/widgets to turn on/off GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi and control screen brightness from the home screen to conserve battery life.
    I still have problems getting to my voice-mail quickly. I can now get to my calls, email and text messages easily.
    I have also worked through the import issues with contacts, ringtones and music but keeping it sync is still not an automatic process yet. I can not view videos sent to me from an iPhone.
    I can not charge from my Macbook but can from my PC... Not sure on this one.
    I have 2 more weeks that I can return it without any questions....
    Any input for apps/widgets I may not have installed yet.
    Thanks

Loy likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Chroma

Chroma Android Enthusiast

For voice mail, have you tried Google Voice? I can't imagine what I did in life before google voice.

My phones have charged perfectly from my 2007 mac book. I don't think this is a Android issue.

Tap and Hold is a fundamental element of Android, if you haven't figured this out yet. If you get stuck trying to get at options or getting to copy and paste, tap and hold.

What do you mean by this? what are you trying to sync? the only thing I ever sync is music and that works beautifully.

3. Raimond42

Raimond42 Newbie

Thanks for the Google Voice amp lead. It works great.
    I have tried charging from 2 macs and 2 pc's. Both PC's charge fine, neither mac will charge using the same cable although both see the phone when I connect it. I thought it might be a low voltage issue so I tried from a powered USB hub. No joy.

What I want to keep sync d is my address book, I add new clients every week via the phone and would like to keep another program whether it be PC or mac updated. Thanks again.....

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews