1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

On the new MetroPCS Plans?? "thought it was godfather in for old plans"??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geetech84, Apr 15, 2012.

1. geetech84

geetech84 Member

Now I was told I would be god-father in, Even from the MetroPCS FB page..I have the 60 on the family plan..back in OCT. when I got the LG Esteem..A lot of people talk about whoever on the old plan, is godfather in.It's only for new customers. But the other day, I was online on my phone, I thought I would check my account on MetroPCS, I log in..and saw it look like this...

[​IMG]

And today it looks like this...

[​IMG]

This is what it said on my plan..

[​IMG]

Can anyone give me insight, on why it change when everyone was talking about all the old customers on old plans wont change, it only be for new customers? I'm not a new customers ,so I don't know why it would change..Has any one else had their plan change?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Honestly I don't and wouldn't trust that meter at all. There's a couple apps you can download off the market to keep track of data if you want to keep track.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

3. geetech84

geetech84 Member

thank you, do you know which app is the best to use?

4. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

Yeah I'm on the same plan. Before I never seen the meter move now it says I used 2%. Guess
    metro lied

5. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Im at 0% on both phones and my bill is due in like 6 days.....:D Not too sure it works all to well ;)

6. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

this is what plan i have:

Rhapsody Unlimited Music
    4G Premium plan with unlimited access to 4G Network PLUS unlimited access to Rhapsody! It's the ultimate rate plan from MetroPCS.

and my bar still is at zero i just payed my bill last week tho...

7. What APP do you suggest?

8. geetech84

geetech84 Member

So I chated with someone from MetroPCS,this is what they said..

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

Please wait while I transfer you to 'Daniel'.

Daniel: Hello Marie, my name is Daniel ID number 12314. How may I help you today?

Daniel: I'm sorry but I haven't received your response yet. Did I lose you?

Valued Guest: Hi I was told from other people, that the new Metro plans are only for new customers,that I will be grand-fathered in but yesterday I log in and saw it at 4%

Valued Guest: I had my plan sice Oct of last year

Daniel: I'll be happy to help you today with the information of your account

Daniel: Let me try access your account first, please wait a moment.

Valued Guest: ok and thank you

Daniel: Thank you

Daniel: Our new plan services are with 4G phones.

Daniel: Customers who use or have the old plans will be grand-fathered.

Daniel: Which means that if you want to change the plan you will no longer be able to get it back.

Valued Guest: I have is the 60 plan with no cap?

Daniel: You will keep the plan until you want to change it.

Valued Guest: but the meter thing is showing I use 4%? I don't want to change my plan, I'm just wondering why the meter showing 4%

Valued Guest: it use to show 0% but yesterday its showing 4% use

Daniel: If you are looking at USAGE then it will display the usage of the data service.

Valued Guest: so you saying its showing the usage of data, it's not cap? i still got the unlimited access to 4G

Daniel: Yes you still have unlimited data service.

Valued Guest: ok, thats all I wondering. thank you so much

Daniel: Can I help you with anything else?

Valued Guest: no that's all I was wondering, thank you

9. dwag

dwag Newbie

Just to give you insight on what a Metro rep told me today. I had the 4G unlimited plan the week that it came out, at $50. I was upset because I changed a phone number within my plan and was told that I was now on the 2.5 GB for $50 per month. Lost my unlimited plan without anyone warning me that changing the number within the plan would require a restructuring to the new pricing program. The rep told me not to worry about it, since the original unlimited plan was not unlimited anyway. Since I don't have an actual contract, other than a phone purchase agreement as to what my plan really was, they were not going to give me unlimited 4G at any rate. I was only receiving around 2.5 to 5 GB per month, so regardless of what I may have expected that is all I was going to receive. That I should not be upset that my plan now shows a 2.5 GB per month 4G rate, then throttled to 1X, because it wasn't unlimited before, regardless of what I thought I was getting. I'll tell you, these people sound like they have no clue as to what is available. Is the 4G notification nothing more than a placebo that gives us the impression we are getting something we are not? I have had a 3G phone eat my lunch on load times while supposedly on a 4G network. Sounds like none of us will know the truth.

10. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

damn well I got godfather for my plan I was on the 60$ since the esteem came out , so when I went online to check my account it shows I'm on the unlimited 4g lte premium plan so I'm good ;) :pepsi:

11. DONLATINOHEAT

DONLATINOHEAT Well-Known Member

Only time you will go to the new plan is if you change something in your current plant and you will lose your grandfathered in status. Upgrading to a new phone device will not effect your unlimited plan

12. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

+1

if you was on a plan before metro change their plan, you will still have your current plan, dont bother looking at the meter as it is not needed. :driver:

13. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

the grandfathered in plan is only for the old $60. keep in mind you will have a meter but u can take it up to 100% and nothing will happen now for me and other $50 plan users uopgrade to new $50 plan theres no need to stay on the old one i jacked up my 1gb data limit in less than a month so with that being said i called metro last night and had them transfer me to new $50 plan now im at 34% :D anyways hope that helps ease the confusion.

14. Bard

Bard Android Expert

This is my plan (Premium 4G Family Plan).

I switched to Metro with my wife when Esteem came out last year. Seems like I got godfathered oay :)

My question is, even though it says 'Unlimited Access to 4G Network', is this really same as I am having 2 x Unlimited 4G plan ($70) in my family plan? Or will I get throttled after certain usage?

Premium 4G Family Plan
    4G Basic plan with unlimited access to 4G Network, PLUS unlimited video on demand! It's the ultimate rate plan from MetroPCS.
    A family plan that includes the following features:
    Three-Way Calling
    Caller ID
    Screen-it
    Call Waiting
    Premium 411
    Extended Home Roaming
    mail@metro
    PocketExpress
    Domestic Long Distance
    Loopt
    Mobile Instant Messaging
    Picture Messaging
    Navigation
    Short Code Alerts
    Unlimited multimedia streaming
    Text Messaging Feature
    International Text Message
    Enhanced Voice Mail
    Video On-Demand
    Visual Voice Mail Plus
    MetroWEB
    Please note that a few of the features might not be compatible with your device or profile

15. johnzm

johnzm Member

because of this BS they lost me as a customer. i just ordered the galaxy nexus today from sprint,and when it gets here, bye bye lg esteem. it was fun while it lasted.

16. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

we are grandfathered in. my date is tomorrow & I already passed the 5g limit & I still have 4G data.

17. Gomez025

Gomez025 Android Enthusiast

You mean you still have 4G speeds? After your limit, it slows you down but not shut it off. If you do, kudos.

18. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

Yes, my speeds haven't slowed at all:D

19. DONLATINOHEAT

My speeds are the same only thing i had to change was the way i use the tether app cause there blocking me some how lmao now i have to use a user agent switcher on my laptop for Firefox to connect cause won't connect with out our showing as the phone it self :D

20. baysiderider

baysiderider Well-Known Member

i noticed they blocked my tether when my phone was in 3g but when i moved back into 4g it worked again with no interruption so im not sure how there blocking it.

21. DONLATINOHEAT

This is just a guess depending on what device you use like a laptop for example uses a normal browser sends out it's default user agent so they could block that cause when i use the natural phone browser agent i don't have any Problem connecting

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews