• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Once the android tablets start coming out en masse, do you think we will be able to keep our apps?

cabbie

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
On the Evo now, was on the Hero before. All the apps I bought on the Hero I was able to download to the Evo. Consequently, after my Hero was deactivated, I am still able to put it on wifi to access the market and download apps I have bought since switching to Evo.

Sooo....my big question is whether I will be able to have a tablet like the Adam which is coming out linked to my current gmail account with full access to my paid apps. I can see how perhaps some widgets might not translate over, but I am going to be ornery if I cant use Tasker, DocumentsToGo or play WordwisePro on an android tablet without buying it again.

For the iPad, there was a new app store set up. Is that the fate of android tablets?

Discuss, android philosophers.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones