• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One click backup on any Android?

John I

Jul 28, 2010
I am ready to move to another phone from my Captivate. I'm tired of waiting on 2.2 and can't stand the fact that I can't fully backup this phone in case it is lost or broken.

Is there any Android phone that I can get on any network that meets ALL the following criteria:

1) Can connect to my PC on a weekly basis and do a 100.00% backup of everything (contacts, media, apps, data, etc, etc) with one simple step and no rooting. This should be a local backup, not through some Google sync.
2) Has 2.2 or 2.3 installed
3) Doesn't have all of the BS bloatware that AT&T puts on their phones.
4) Has a 4" or bigger screen
5) Has a GPS that actually works

Is there any Android phone that I can get on any network that meets ALL the following criteria:

1) Can connect to my PC on a weekly basis and do a 100.00% backup of everything (contacts, media, apps, data, etc, etc) with one simple step and no rooting. This should be a local backup, not through some Google sync.
2) Has 2.2 or 2.3 installed
3) Doesn't have all of the BS bloatware that AT&T puts on their phones.
4) Has a 4" or bigger screen
5) Has a GPS that actually works

Hello John 1.

Of all that, your #3 stands out the most as to "no." ;) Rooting your device is still the best way to get rid of bloatware, and to back things up quickly (although not everything).

There are Froyo devices out there, as well as ones on which GPS functions very well (my Fascinate is one such device, although I've seen many posts from other Fascinate users reporting otherwise).

Nice big screens are all over the place.

Verizon will get no complaints from me as to signal strength and quality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones